Sunday, August 10, 2014


Monday, August 4, 2014

This week was crazy!!!!!!!!!!  On Monday we made french toast and homemade syrup.  Later that day one of our investigators gave us weed because he is giving up drugs, so we were walking around the favela with weed.  Then on Tuesday we had lunch at a recent convert´s and the minute we walked in I knew it was fish, we get to the table and the entire fish is there, head to tail, literally. Later we were walking on the avenue and pass by a hospital with a bunch of cops there with their guns out and a helicopter in the air.  Get home and find out that there had been a police shooting right before we got there. On Wednesday we had our counsel for the month of August.  Lasted forever but was good, got to see old companions which is always fun. On Thursday we had district meeting and had a division with one of  the district leaders.  I also made pork chops for lunch, and we went to get a jug of water and my comp tried to put it in the sink and he hit the faucet off and water sprayed all over.  So we had to fix that, got some funny pics, when the computers start working I will send them.  And Friday was when all the miracles happened.  

So backstory.  3 months ago my comp was here in the area and did a contact with a woman who said that she would go to church and that she had a family.  He wrote down the address and it was the sisters area so he passed it to them but they never passed by the house.  So come to now.  That family was cut when the elders moved areas and the family never went to church.  But my first week in the area the husband found us on the street and told us to stop by the new house because they had moved and now things were better for them.  We wrote down the address and marked a visit.  Turns out that there are two number 8 on that street, happens a lot,  and we went to the wrong one, or so we thought.  Knocked on the door and a guy answered.  We asked if they would like to go to church with us this week and they accepted. Marked a visit for the next day and found the other house.  Went back the next day and talked to this guy, taught eternal marriage in the first lesson and he started to cry.  The next day we went there and he had invited the whole family to listen to us, walked out with 6 new investigators. Sunday they were waiting for us when we came to take them to church, they loved the church, and both have already received answers that this is the true church.  They have lots of great questions and only have to get married to baptize.  Last night we went there and they told us that on the day that we had knocked on their door the wife had come to get her things and leave.  And at that moment we knocked on the door.  So she decided to stay, and now they will have an eternal family, please pray that they will continue to grow their faith and that they can get married soon, their names are J and T.  

So that we really cool.  Also that day we had sarapatel for lunch that is basically little chopped up bits of lung, heart, kidney and tongue of pork, in blood.  Luckily the member didn’t know if we could have blood so she left it out.  Lets just say it went all right eating it until one of the missionaries pointed out the taste buds on the tongue.  We continued having dance parties on our street at night, this week there was MC Bin Laden.  Our sister missionaries were transferred without warning, they switch with ITA 1c which is the ward that I was in.  On Saturday we had 5 deserts at lunch, a cake, tapioca, mouse, ice cream and a box of chocolates.  We have 2 baptisms for this week, be praying for E and L.  But yeah that was my week, it was pretty good.  We are super tired but today is my comp´s 20th b-day so we are going to party, which means buy pizza.  Anyway, hope all is cool in Utah and that ya’ll have a great time.  Love ya, and give a hug to everyone up there.  

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.